Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Do you have the skills and experience for our new role?
The team you'll be joining:
You will be working within our team based in Exeter, you can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
We give you the chance to do your interview via video call, this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Our main requirements are:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Newcross Healthcare are seeking talented Care Assistant to provide expert support and care in Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster and Ottery St Mary.
You will have experience of working with children and adults living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
Benefits for our applicants:
- Salary of up to £13.57/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Join Newcross and broaden your skills set with our many training courses, earned through credits as you work.
You could choose to study our Basic Life Support programme which will give you the knowledge to conduct primary and secondary assessment including basic first aid and placing casualties into the recovery position.
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.