Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Providing support and care to others is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide outstanding care and support to adults with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour or individuals with mental health conditions in Hinckley and the surrounding Leicestershire area.
With Newcross choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What to expect in your role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- Salary of up to £14.06/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and help change someone's life
Your Local Team
Your local branch is situated locally in the city of Leicester in Grange Business Park, a 25-minute drive from city centre. We cover the areas between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Mowbray.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.