Learning Disabilities Support Worker
At Newcross we value trust, empathy and expertise, do you?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for experienced Learning Disabilities Support Workers to join our team in providing outstanding care and support to our service users within Whitchurch and the surroundings locations.
Our local branch is based at Global House in Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Our ideal applicant will be professional and compassionate healthcare professionals who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
It is essential that you have a calm approach as you will be working with service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability and experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or Epilespy training you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £13.97/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your schedule
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to an advance of 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your Development at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way