Learning Disabilities Support Worker
The ideal candidate will be compassionate and positive!
Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts!
Learning Disabilities Support Workers: Whitchurch
Our Learning Disabilities Support Workers are responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Skills & Train
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
For this role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts!
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
At least an NVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care, with epilepsy training is desirable, however training will be provided.
Apply now to find out more!
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!