Personal Care Assistant - Male
Are you a passionate and talented carer?
Then we are looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare is currently looking to recruit experienced Male Personal Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to a gentleman living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in the Isle of Wight.
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as independently as possible.
This role offers regular shift work from 09:00-16:00 (Monday - Saturday)
Training & Development
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training, this could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications.
Client specific training will be provided for colostomy and illostomy.
- Salary of up to £9.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Isle of Wight branch
Our expert healthcare team on the Isle of Wight is growing. We are located at 42 Quay St in the centre of Newport.
Fun facts: At high tide, the Isle of Wight becomes England's smallest county.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.