Job Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Totnes, Devon
Salary and benefits:
- Salary of £24,000 + performance and company related bonus
- 28 days holiday increasing by 5 days after 1 year service + additional 5 days with length of service
- perks at work scheme
Joining our friendly and fast paced finance team you will work collaboratively as well as independently to ensure that meaningful, accurate data is communicated to the business through regular and bespoke reporting. Using you first class communication skills to regularly interact with Managers throughout the business to gather information and resolve queries. Playing a key role in improving the timeliness, accuracy and value of reporting within the business.
Key tasks will include:
- Preparing Management reports showing Operational and Financial performance
- To investigate what is driving performance and assist Operational Management to improve
- Checking the validity and accuracy of data, investigating and reporting on variances
- Assist in the preparation of month end reconciliations
- Resolving queries from branches, Operational and Senior Management
- Pro-active communication and collaboration in the delivery and achievement of team objectives
- Assistance with the generation and maintenance of Staff and Client rates
- Performing administrative tasks on a weekly basis.
Personable with great customer service skills and the ability to connect and build relationships, you will enjoy working within a fast-paced environment as part of a close-knit team, supporting each other to achieve common goals.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least 2 years experience of financial reporting
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be a self starter with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- The desire and ability to drive for improvements
But that's not where it ends…
- You will be joining an exceptional, motivated, highly regarded Finance team
- Your professional growth and ongoing personal development will be taken care of with the support of our in-house learning & development programme 'Newcross Academy'
- You will work in, and help shape, an exceptional workplace culture
- You will be part of an organisation that truly achieves innovation in its market and continually invests for improvement in all areas
- An excellent opportunity to join a large and and yet still high-growth organisation and really make a difference