Care Assistant - Meds Trained
Do you want to broaden your skill set whilst helping others?
Our Exeter branch are located in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Healthcare Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support in Okehampton, Crediton, Cullompton, Exeter and the surrounding local areas.
What to expect in the role
Our Care Assistants are on the frontline of providing invaluable services to those in need of care. Your duties could include; dressing, washing, personal hygiene, eating and moving about.
You will play an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Our ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead.
Extensive experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work, access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
We offer all our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
You can also take advantage of to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our new Flexi Pay scheme via our HealthForceGo® app
Skills and Development
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skills with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton and more.
Working at Newcross will also provide you with the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Already trained in Medication Administration
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
Start your application today!
We now have the option to interview via video calling - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.