Newcross Awarded Investors in People Silver Accreditation
A huge congratulations to the directors, managers and all staff who helped Newcross to achieve Investors in People accreditation at Silver level.
Through our amazing employees, we have demonstrated that Newcross is an ever progressing and developing company. Not only have we met the Investors in People standard for the fifth consecutive time, but we have improved year on year and are now proudly able to display the silver accreditation logo on our website.
The Investors in People Standard is not an easy benchmark to reach, and those that meet the organisations specifications “reflect the very best in people management excellence.” To achieve accreditation, Newcross was assessed in nine core areas through face-to-face interviews, online surveys, meetings and observations; the results from the online survey were particularly positive:
“I feel confident. They do listen. I wanted to work for an organisation who cares about people and I do now.”
“I feel valued because I’m getting feedback that I’m making a difference.”
“There is a strong sense of team work and I’ve got a good support network.”
Key praises highlighted by the IIP Assessment report included:
- People are proud to work for Newcross and enjoy the challenge their roles present
- There is great respect from staff for the way the organisation has been established on excellence and quality and for the way Directors have led and grown the company
- Line managers are generally thought to be engaging, approachable and supportive
- Both team and individual progression is supported through learning and development activities, which are becoming increasingly flexible and innovative to meet the company needs
- Performance measurement is an embedded process at all levels with time invested in setting objectives, monitoring performance and providing feedback
HR Director, Tracy O’Kennedy commented, “Creating a positive and engaging environment is of fundamental importance to all of us at Newcross. We want our staff to be challenged to become the very best they can be, and we reflect this in the way we manage our teams.”
“Performance is reviewed on a regular basis through PMRs (performance management reviews), ensuring each member of the company has some dedicated 1-to-1 time with their line manager. We set clear aims and objectives and reward our staff for their excellent behaviours and achievements through bonus payments and membership of the 100 club.”
“I couldn’t be more proud of the staff at Newcross for helping us to achieve this milestone. We’ll be implementing some innovative and progressive changes over the months and years ahead in order to further promote our exceptional employee experiences.”
“In three years’ time, we’ll be aspiring to achieve gold accreditation and we hope that you will join us in fulfilling these plans.”
The 100 club on the London Eye, November 2016.