#MondayMotivation: How you can adopt Social Media to stay inspired and maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
We are living in the social media age. While negatives such as fake news, trolling and false profiles are a sad reality, there are similarly an abundance of positive attributes to sites such as Facebook and Twitter. From staying connected to our loved ones and reducing loneliness, to keeping updated by following organisations and causes you believe in, social media certainly has its perks.
For network-users looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle, social media can act as a nifty tool to gather inspiration, whether that be from following wellness bloggers on Instagram or looking at hashtags on Twitter. There are several helpful hashtags across a range of social media outlets you can check on regularly in order to stay motivated with healthy living, from your diet to fitness routine. Take Twitter chats for example, Twitter chats are great for discovering a community of like-minded users, and there are several excellent ones within the fitness and healthcare industries.
A few examples include:
- #abcDRBchat: Tuesdays at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT with ABC News' Chief Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser
- #FitFluential: Check for chats and times on their Twitter account
- #HealthyChat: Every other Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT
- #RunChat: ET/7 p.m. PT and the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT When: 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month at 10 p.m.
- #HealthTalk: Hosted by the editors of Everyday Health and usually featuring an expert. Topics include nutrition, stress management, disease prevention and more.
When: Regularly. Follow @EverydayHealth for date and time announcements.
- #fitfluential: Not necessarily a regular chat, but a great way to connect with a huge network of wellness fans. Follow @Fitfluential for news, articles and updates.
If you're looking to get in shape and need that little bit of extra support, then why not give these a go?