Welcoming Plymouth’s New Business Centre Manager
With over 20 years of management experience Tracy Wiginton is the perfect choice to become the Business Centre Managers of our Plymouth branch.
So what do we know about Plymouth?
- Sir Francis Drake set sail from Plymouth to begin his circumnavigation of the world in 1577 and returned in 1580 with just 59 remaining crew, having started with 164 men and 5 ships.
- In one day, the Plymouth Wrigley factory produces over 3 million packets of chewing gum.
- Plymouth is the greenest city in the UK with 40 per cent of the city being green space.
- About 16 million Americans can trace their roots back to the Mayflower’s famous voyage to the New World which set sail from Plymouth in 1620.
- There are over 100 registered care homes within a 5 mile radius of Plymouth city centre.
We sat down Tracy and asked her a few questions about what she did before joining Newcross, and found out what makes her tick.
Why did you want to join Newcross?
I joined Newcross because I wanted a new challenge. I am a very motivated person and want to bring my experience and organisational skills to Newcross and help Plymouth to hit its targets and most importantly provide top quality care to service users in the area.
What did you do before joining Newcross?
Before I joined Newcross I spent 20 years working in sales roles for a number of companies. Prior to that I moved to Plymouth back in 2004 and before that lived in Nuneaton and worked as a Finance Director.
What do you like to do outside of work?
I love to go horse riding in my spare time and am a huge fan of rugby. I really like sport and go bike riding or going for long walks when I can. I also enjoy socialising with my friends and settling in to read a good book.
Mandy Hamilton, South West Regional Operations Manager said, “We are extremely excited to have Tracy join the South West Team, we are looking forward to expanding in Plymouth and the surrounding area.”