Everything we do at Newcross is underpinned by our fundamental aim to be the best in providing a truly human approach to healthcare. We regularly assess and review our operations to ensure we're delivering the best service that we can. This rigorous approach has meant we have been accredited in several areas of our business.
Nothing matters more to us than the continued delivery of the highest quality service possible, to both employees and clients. We operate an internal quality management system, which was first accredited to ISO 9000 in 1998. As we've grown since then, our policies and systems continue to grow with us, and reflect our unending focus on the quality of our service.
The quality management system for the provision of nursing and care staff includes:
- quality policy and quality manual, dedicated internet with policy and guidance sections
- complaints management system
- clearly defined recruitment policy and process
- staff performance management processes (at all levels)
- internal audit process
- monthly quality assurance analysis
- identifying staff development and training
- review and analysis of service user and patient feedback
We pride ourselves on our bespoke systems and innovative technology that allows us to deliver a first class service. The ISO 27001 is in recognition of the robust security of our systems and our data protection processes.
We take our responsibility to the environment very seriously and try to reduce our environmental impact at every available opportunity. Operating an effective environmental management policy has enabled us to achieve the International Standard in Environmental Management, the ISO 14001 award.
This internationally recognised standard in environmental management is the result of business-wide dedication to acting in an environmentally conscious manner in all aspects of our operation. This could be from something as simple as making sure lights and heating are turned off when not needed, through to sourcing our paper supplies from sustainably managed sources.
The objectives of our environmental management policy are to:
- assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the organisation’s activities
- train employees in environmental issues
- minimise the production of waste
- minimise material wastage
- minimise energy wastage
- promote the use of recyclable and renewable material
- reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- control noise emissions from operations
- minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the organisation.
As part of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact, Newcross offsets carbon emissions through renewable energy projects across the world. A recent project based in Balikesir, Turkey involved the installation and operation of 10 2.5MW wind turbines that will provide renewable energy to the local community without the need to burn fossil fuels. This project could avoid C02 emissions as large as 59,796 tonnes per year.
Investors in People
We first achieved the Investors in People standard in 2001, and since then have continued to grow and excel in many of the required areas. In the most recent inspection, held in May 2017, Newcross achieved a silver accreditation for the first time and received praise for:
- the supportive, open and approachable style of the directors
- the commitment of the staff team to the success of the company, particularly in relation to delivering targets and ensuring that the best possible care is provided
- the pride that staff have in the reputation of the company.
How we're regulated
Because we operate across the United Kingdom, we’re regulated by three different bodies. Each one inspects our facilities and the way our staff work on a regular basis.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
In England, the services we provide to clients in their own homes and our Complex Care services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are regularly inspected to ensure we meet essential standards in quality and safety. Since Newcross was founded in 1996, we have regularly received ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ feedback for our inspections. You can find out more about our registration details and view recent inspection reports on the CQC website.
The Care Inspectorate
In Scotland, our branches are registered with the Care Inspectorate who regularly inspect our services. All of the most recent inspection reports were graded as either ‘good’ or ‘very good’, reflecting our continued commitment to delivering high-quality service. You can view our registered branch profiles on the Care Inspectorate website by following the link and entering ‘Newcross Healthcare’ in the ‘service name’ box.
The Care Inspectorate Wales
Our Welsh based offices provide services that are regulated by the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW). You can view the profile and inspection reports on the CIW website by clicking on the links.