Complex Care Support Worker - Children
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference to a child's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to care for children living with complex care needs covering waking night shifts in their own homes in Taunton, Wellington, Bridgwater and the surrounding areas of Somerset.
What will I do?
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will ensure that children with complex care needs have the opportunity to live as independently as possible. You will provide assistance with a variety of different tasks including personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
We provide life-enhancing care and support to children living with complex care needs such as Ventilation, Epilepsy and Tracheostomy however, they do vary from one case to another.
This new and exclusive app feature allows our healthcare staff to enjoy having access to up to 50% of the value of your shift within the very same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why work with us?
With Newcross, you will work closely with a Lead Paediatric Nurse in a friendly and relaxed person-centred environment to ensure that competency is maintained throughout.
However, that's not all!
Joining us will give you exclusive access to a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week so that you can have the security of a steady and stable income, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexibility to include alternate weekend working
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you will be willing to complete this with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and a member of our team will be sure to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.