Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for dedicated Personal Care Assistants to provide care for our service users living with additional care needs in their homes in Bude, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Bideford, Holsworthy and the surrounding areas.
We also have opportunities available for applicants to work night shifts across the region.
Working with Newcross
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
We also provide access to our new same day pay feature - Flexi Pay - where you can decide when you want to be paid.
What to expect in the role
You will be a compassionate healthcare professional and will promote the dignity and independence of our service users.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you will need to have:
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £14.20/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Organised rotas 4 weeks in advance
- Minimum of 20 hours of work a week guaranteed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts on the high street
Our friendly team are based at Unit 2, Castle Park Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PA
Start your application today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way