Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking for a way to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Bude, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Bideford, Holsworthy and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive consistent high-quality care and support with a variety of important tasks. Tasks that you will provide assistance with include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required that will allow them to live as independently as possible.
Successful applicants will also have the option of working night shifts throughout the region.
- Salary of up to £14.20/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Organised rotas 4 weeks in advance
- Minimum of 20 hours of work a week guaranteed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Employee 'Perks at Work' scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Our new exclusive app feature allows healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why join our Newcross team?
- Minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week
- Rotas set to up to 4 weeks advance to fit around your existing comitments
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various important topics
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Our friendly team are based at Unit 2, Castle Park Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PA.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way