Personal Care Assistant - Waking Nights
Providing outstanding care to others
Newcross Healthcare is currently seeking professional and experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide the highest quality of care across a range of flexible waking night shifts to support children and young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Holbury, Southampton and the surrounding local area of Hampshire.
Due to the geographical locations a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday shifts available to suit
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate Care Assistant to join an extremely rewarding package of care. You will have the opportunity to help transform a young person's life whilst also developing professional working relationships with our healthcare team.
Having previous experience with PEG, Cough Assist and related medical tasks is desirable but client specific training will be provided.
- Applicants must be compassionate with a strong sense of commitment and dedication
- Applicant not to have allergies to animals as pets may reside in the home
- Confident as a lone worker
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
Did you know: There are nearly 500 listed buildings in Southampton.
Why join us at Newcross?
As a Newcross employee, you will have access to our outstanding, in house training courses to improve your skills and prospects. These range from; Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, CPAP/BIPAP and more.
Additionally, we have a new 'Flexi Pay' scheme that enables healthcare staff to have access to 'same day pay' through our HealthForceGo® app.
- Salary of up to £14.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.