Personal Care Assistant
Change someone's life, today!
Newcross Healthcare is looking for you! We are seeking out a professional Personal Care Assistants to work night shifts supporting a young boy with additional needs living in the Alton area.
Ideally the applicant would have previous experience working with children with additional needs, delivering care to enhance and encourage their independence with the support of the child's family.
What we'll offer
- Salary of up to £14.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay, flexible hours and guaranteed hours
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical support team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Newcross Healthcare is changing lives with our new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay. It allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
Flexible full and part time hours to suit you, across a variety of weekday and weekend shifts.
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
At Newcross Healthcare we pride ourselves on providing outstanding care to others.
What you will need...
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Located at the edge of the London commuter belt, Newcross Healthcare's Woking branch is ideally positioned to provide Northwest Surrey and the southwestern Greater London region with dedicated, compassionate care assistants and nurses to care homes, residential homes and nursing homes.
The weird and wonderful - The annual charity raft race is based in Guildford.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.