Personal Care Assistant
Our friendly branch are based at Unit 2, Castle Park Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PA
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver high-quality care to our service users living with additional care needs in their homes across Barnstaple, Tiverton, Bideford, Bude and the surroundings.
Night shifts within this region are also available.
Why join us?
Join us, and manage your rotas via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop and broaden your clinical knowledge with various training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
What the Position entails
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives.
This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you'll need to succeed
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £14.20/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work scheme with access to various discounts at high street stores
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.