Personal Care Assistant
Our friendly branch are based at Unit 2, Castle Park Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PA
We are looking for people like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Barnstaple, Tiverton, Bideford, Bude and the surrounding areas.
There are opportunities for Night shifts within this region as part of this role.
Our caring role
A Personal Care Assistant works hard to ensure that our service users with additional care needs receive outstanding care and support with a variety of different tasks. These will vary but will include daily living activities, personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed that will enable them to live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our app feature gives you the exclusive option to access up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What makes Newcross different?
- Permanent contracts with a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Variety of free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Organised rotas set in advance to enable you to fit them around your existing commitments
- Salary of up to £14.20/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available throughout various retailers
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips via our HealthForceGo® app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.