Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide the highest quality of care and personalised support to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their homes in Basingstoke, Alton, Winchester and the surrounding local areas.
With Newcross, you have the opportunity to choose the hours that suit you. Our minimum hours guarantee within our permanent contracts enables healthcare staff to enjoy the stability of a steady income.
Additionally, our unique flexible pay scheme 'Flexi Pay', allows healthcare staff to have access to 'same day pay' through our HealthForceGo® app.
Our Southampton Team
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
The Southampton Boats Show is the largest on-water boat show in northern Europe.
What to expect in your role
As a Personal Care Assistant you will have a number of responsibilities. These include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be optimistic, empathetic and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work to develop your skill set. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Mileage payments upto 60 miles (round-trip)
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.