Personal Care Assistant
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital
You can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to provide personalised care and support to our service users with additional care needs living in Basingstoke, Alton, Winchester and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Specialised training available through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will be required to provide personalised care and support to our service users with various additional care needs. You will assist them with daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to a variety of specialist free training programs covering topics such as Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, PEG and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Why work with us?
- Comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in various high street retailers
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you the option to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day, including weekends and bank holidays!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.