Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users living with additional care needs in Basingstoke and the surrounding local areas.
Meet the Team
Your local branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
What to expect in the role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be involved in ensuring each service user receives the highest quality of person-centred care.
You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to develop and enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also provide the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
Flexi Pay - same day pay!
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.