Personal Support Worker - Children (Weekends)
Personal Care is a rewarding career!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking caring Personal Support Workers to provide person-centred care and support to children with Autism and young people with additional care needs across Bournemouth, Poole, Kingston, Wareham, Weymouth and the surrounding area.
As a Personal Support Worker you will be providing support to our clients during their day-to-day lives, encouraging an independent living and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. Some of your responsibilities will include: personal care, meal times and any other activities that allow the patients to live their life in the way they choose.
We are looking for compassionate individuals with previous experience caring for children with autism and young people with additional care needs.
Take advantage of
* Free specialist training programmes earned through credits as you work
* Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
* Flexi Pay, a flexible pay scheme that allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
Our local team
Bournemouth branch is located in St. Stephen's Road, close to St. Peter's Church and Bournemouth train station.
Benefit with us
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smart device with internet access to manage your rotas via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential