Personal Care Assistant - Children
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide outstanding individualised care and support to children living with additional healthcare needs in their homes in Saffron Walden and the surrounding areas.
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Our Caring Role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to children with additional healthcare needs. You will aid them with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
Our ideal candidates will have prior experience of caring for children with additional healthcare needs and will be comfortable completing different tasks.
This role includes 5 consecutive night shifts per week from 9pm - 9am.
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will enable you to access a wide range of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. These includes Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.