Personal Care Assistant - Babies (Nights)
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Personal Care Assistants to cover night shifts delivering outstanding care and support to babies living with additional care needs within their own homes in Portsmouth and the surroundings.
The Care Role
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include;
- Personal care and support to our service users
- Helping with clinical requirements
- Social activities and tasks
- Any other additional services to enable dignified and independent living
Our ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Things you will need to have in order to be successful for this role:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from:
- Flexible pay - Our innovative HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay, will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (including weekends and bank holidays)
- Ongoing training programmes - Newcross Healthcare currently deliver between 150 and 200 courses to our healthcare staff to enhance their current skill set, earned through credits as you work.
The Local Branch
Our friendly team are based in 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call. This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.