Personal Care Assistant - Babies (Nights)
Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking compassionate and experienced Personal Care Assistants to cover night shifts and provide excellent care to babies living with additional care needs within their own homes in Portsmouth and the local surrounds.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be involved in ensuring every service user receives the highest quality of person-centred care, support and dedication.
You will be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of our users and is in line with their personalised care plans.
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also be able to access our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
Your Development at Newcross
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work.
Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, PEG, Tracheotomy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
What you will need to succeed:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the button to Apply
Join our branch today! We are based in South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.