Personal Care Assistant - Children
Do you want to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to care and support children with additional care needs living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will assist children living with additional care needs with a range of life-enhancing activities. These will include aiding with personal care tasks, meal preparation, medication support, social integration within their local community and any additional services required.
Our exclusive app feature enables our healthcare staff to enjoy having access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across various high street retailers
Skills & Training
With Newcross, you have the opportunity to broaden your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will vary but will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG and many more.
Your local team
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.