Personal Care Assistant - Children
We are looking for people that want to make a difference
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Female Personal Care Assistants to provide care and support to a young boy living with Epilepsy in the Exeter area.
As a Female Personal Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service user with a variety of complex care needs. You will be assisting with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, night time monitoring, social integration activities, completing seizure charts and MAR charts and supporting with any other additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that you have experience of caring for service users that have a tracheostomy but training can be provided.
Our service user
We are looking for someone that is reliable, enthusiastic about caring and is proud of the difference that they can make in someone's life. Our service user is under the age of 10 and has epilepsy alongside a range of various complex care needs.
You will work as part of a team and monitor him overnight for signs of a seizure or when he needs intervention for his tracheostomy.
Our app feature allows healthcare staff to submit their timesheets and access up to 50% of the value of their shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What makes Newcross different?
Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
Rotas organised in advance
Free specialised training programs
- Salary of up to £15.35/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- 30,000 discounts available through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
Local Exeter team
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Skills & Development!
With Newcross, staff have the opportunity to broaden their skill set with various free training programs covering a variety of topics and they can all be earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration and many more.
You could also study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.