Personal Care Assistant - Children & Young Adults
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals and you could be next to join us!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care to children and young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes within Gosport, Portsmouth, Waterlooville and the surrounds.
Our friendly branch are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Your New Role
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each patient you care for.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota, timesheets and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You'll also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays.
Development at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.