Personal Care Assistant - Children & Young Adults
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
Would you like to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to provide care to children and young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Gosport, Portsmouth, Waterlooville and the surrounding areas.
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to organised rotas to suit your existing needs, our Perks at Work employee scheme with 30,000 discounts and our Flexi Pay app feature.
What will you get?
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide personalised care and support to our service users with various additional care needs. You will be required to provide assistance with personal care, feeding and peg care, medication support, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Successful candidates will have opportunties to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
What will you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.