Personal Care Assistant - Children & Young Adults
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to children and young adults living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes across Gosport, Portsmouth, Waterlooville and the surrounding local areas.
Why join Newcross?
Join us, and manage your rotas via our HealthForceGo app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop and broaden your clinical knowledge with various training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
What to expect in the role
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support our service users in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives.
This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities to allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Benefits you will receive
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to various discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Join our branch today! We are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way