Personal Care Assistant - Children
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide outstanding individualised care and support to children living with additional healthcare needs in their homes in Hereford, Monmouth, Ross-on-Wye and the surrounding areas.
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will enable you to access to a wide range of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. These will allow you develop your skills and will cover a range of different topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Our Caring Role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to children with additional healthcare needs. You will aid them with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services needed.
Our ideal candidates will have prior experience of caring for children with additional healthcare needs and will be comfortable completing tasks involving Tracheostomy.
This role includes nights and days shifts, 7 days a week.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Hereford Team
Located in the historic city of Hereford, Newcross Healthcare's Hereford branch is based in Kimble House on Broad Street in the city centre and provides the West of England and Herefordshire with qualified healthcare professionals.
Herefordshire is a small border county, full of castles, running from the Black Mountains in the west to the Malverns in the east.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.