Personal Care Assistant - Children
Based in Staplegrove Road, our branch is just a short distance from Taunton train station
Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
We are currently hiring Personal Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to children living with additional healthcare needs in their homes within Taunton, Bridgwater and the local surrounds.
We require day and night staff who will have the option to work full or part time hours.
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Benefits you will receive
- Salary of up to £14.89/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our mobile app HealthForceGo
Additionally, this role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.