Personal Care Assistant - Children
Become an invaluable member of our care team
Our team are based at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to provide care and personalised support to a baby living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in Portsmouth.
Day and night shifts are available for this position and it is essential that applicants have prior experience of providing care to children with additional care needs.
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Joining Newcross Healthcare
Working for Newcross provides you with organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance and permanent flexible contracts, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week.
You will also be able to access our app HealthForceGo, where you can manage your rotas, payslips and timesheets, and choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
Additional Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way