Personal Care Assistant - Children
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
You can change someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to provide care and personalised support to a baby living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in Portsmouth.
Day and night shifts are available for this position.
Why work with our team?
We provide you with a range of benefits to suit you and your ongoing commitments! You will have exclusive access to organised rotas, our employee Perks at Work Scheme and our Flexi Pay app feature.
Skills & Opportunities
Working with us will give you access to free training programs earned through credits as you work. These are designed to develop your skill set by covering a broad scope of topics including Medication Administration, Epilepsy, PEG, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for successful candidates to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.30/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
What will I do?
It is essential that you are able to care and support our service users with additional care needs in line with their personal care plans. Tasks that you will aid with include personal care, medication support, PEG and feeding care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services needed.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of providing care to children with additional care needs.
Pay rates vary from £10.50 - £15.30 for day shifts and £12.50-£15.30 for night shifts.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.