Personal Care Assistant - Children
Do you want to make a positive change in someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide excellent care and personalised support to a baby living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in Portsmouth.
Flexible full and part time hours available through flexible rotas!
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Our Local Team
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
Four main Roman streets, surrounded by walls and gateways, still define the shape of the city, and traces of the Roman forum, houses and public baths are visible in places.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support in accordance to their individual personal care plans. You will provide aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of caring for children with additional needs.
We have day and night shifts available for this role with pay rates varying from £10.50 - £15.30 for day shifts and £12.50-£15.30 for night shifts.
- Salary of up to £15.30/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
We provide our staff with a comprehensive range of free training programs covering topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects are available.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.