Personal Care Assistant - Children
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking compassionate and dedicated Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and personalised support to a baby living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in Portsmouth.
Your local branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
What to expect in the position
Our Personal Care Assistants ensure our service users receive constant high quality care support in line with their personal care plans.
Tasks may include: personal care, clinical needs, feeding and peg care, medication support and any additional services needed.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
Day and night shifts are available for this position and it is essential that applicants have prior experience of providing care to children with additional care needs.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours every week
Additionally, you will also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can choose when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Your Development at Newcross
Working with Newcross will give you access to a range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work. All of our Clinical Courses are developed by our Clinical Governance Team and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way