Personal Care Assistant
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Our friendly Taunton branch are located in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station
We are currently recruiting for professional Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering specialised care and support to service users living with additional healthcare needs in their homes within Bridgwater area and the local surrounding areas.
Through your promotion of independence, you will be encouraging and supporting our service users in their day-to-day lives to enable them to live more fulfilling lives.
This will include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities to allow them to live their life in the way they choose.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or are currently working in a Care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £13.77/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to various discounts at high street stores
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Guarantee of a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
Working for Newcross Healthcare will also enable you to access our app HealthForceGo, where you can choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
You will also be able to access various training programmes earned through credits as you work. All of our Clinical Courses are developed by our Clinical Governance Team and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in multiple levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar care role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Have access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas, payslips and timesheets with our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way