Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Do you have previous experience working in a Personal Home Care, Care Assistant or Support Worker role?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide the highest quality of care and support to a male service user living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in the Poole area. The ideal candidates would have previous experience caring for adults with additional needs in their own homes, delivering care to enhance and encourage their independence.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, build your own rota, working full or part time hours to suit your schedule. You will benefit from the security of a permanent job with guaranteed minimum hours and a local line manager.
We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends. For a limited time, you will receive free a DBS check and uniform when you join our amazing team in Bournemouth.
Apply now to find out more.
What can you expect from your caring role?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes.
Changing the life of another person is an incredible feeling and it is completely within your grasp. Your responsibilities could include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
Compassion and respect are key to this role. The ideal applicant will have a true vocation for care and always seek to provide life-enhancing support that also protects the dignity of the service user.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes provided by Newcross. Want to enhance your clinical knowledge? Why not enrol on a Newcross course in PEG, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy and medication delivery? Or gain experience caring for those with spinal and brain injuries or neurodegenerative conditions.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of national vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ covering a wide variety of levels and subjects.
If you want to develop your knowledge and further your career, this could be the opportunity for you.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.42/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Client specific inductions
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
Why should you join Newcross?
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to develop in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours - so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local Team
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station. The branch is one of the most established in England and provides the Dorset area with trained nurses, care assistants and support workers.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.