Personal Care Assistant
Newcross is looking for people like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care and support our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Crediton and Okehampton.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users living with complex needs and requirements. You will be assisting them with daily living tasks, medication support, PEG and feeding care, clinical requirements and any additional services needed to ensure that they live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This app feature enables our healthcare staff to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
With Newcross, you will benefit from
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance to fit around your existing commitments
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of our permanent contracts
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, PEG, Tracheostomy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
Additional benefits include
- Salary of up to £15.35/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.