Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Skills & Opportunities
We want to make sure our employees can expand their skill set, which is why we deliver over 150 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants every single month. All led by our dedicated training team and supported by a network of selected local partners.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We are seeking compassionate Personal Care Assistants.
The successful applicants will provide exceptional support to our clients living in Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Cullompton, Crediton and Okehampton.
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Access to 'Perks at Work', which gives you discounts in major UK retailers.
- Flexi Pay - Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Your new position:
Our Personal Care Assistant are responsible for helping our patients with their personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services that will allow them to have a dignified and independent living.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.