Personal Care Assistant
Make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes within Exeter, Exmouth, Sidmouth and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users living with various additional care needs. You will assist them with personal care tasks, clinical needs, medication support, feeding and PEG care, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our innovative app feature allows healthcare staff to have access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across various high street retailers!
We want our staff to develop their skills and enhance their career which is why we provide over 200 training courses earned through credits as you work and covering topics such as Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, Medication Support, Dementia Care and many more!
You could have a chance to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Exeter branch
Your local team will be based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.