Personal Care Assistant
Help others through outstanding personal care!
Role: Personal Care Assistant
Location: Exeter, Exmouth, Sidmouth
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
Skills & Opportunities
You will be able to have access to a wide range of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. The programs will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!