Personal Care Assistant - Days & Waking Nights
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for a young man living with additional care needs in his own home within the centre of Exeter.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be required to provide excellent care and support to our service user at all times in line with their personal care plan. You will assist him with personal care activities, clinical needs, monitor him for any signs of seizures, complete seizure and MAR charts and support with any additional services required.
Our service user
We are looking for caring and professional individuals to support a young man living with Epilepsy, a Learning Disability and other additional complex care needs. You will provide respite for the family and allow our service user to go out on trips and attend local groups alongside a colleague at all times.
Our exclusive app feature allows our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £11.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract,
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours per week
- Organised rotas of up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
Newcross provides you with exclusive opportunities to develop your exisitng skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. They cover various topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, End of Life care and many more.
Your local team will be based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.