Personal Care Assistant - Female
Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for experienced Female Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering excellent care to a female service user with autism in her home in the Portsmouth area.
We have shifts for Saturday and Sunday from 12pm - 4pm and school holiday cover for this role.
Meet the Team
Our friendly branch are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service user, helping with her clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services to enable dignified and independent living.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users with autism.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additionally, we've launched our exciting new flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way