Personal Care Assistant - Female
Do you want to enhance your career?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking a professional Female Personal Care Assistant to provide excellent care and personalised support to a female user with autism in her home in the Portsmouth area.
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide our service users with additional healthcare needs with excellent care and support. You will aid with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other additional services required.
You will have previous experience of providing care to service users with autism.
For this position, we currently have shifts for Saturday and Sunday from 12pm - 4pm and school holiday cover.
- Salary of up to £15.00/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Flexi Pay
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Opportunities
Working with Newcross will provide you with exclusive access to a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. They are designed to broaden your skill set and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ in various levels and subjects.
Our Chichester Team
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
Chichester remained garrisoned and the walls defended for 600 years until after the Civil War in the 17th century.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.