Personal Care Assistant - Female
Providing outstanding care is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for experienced Female Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering excellent care to a female service user with autism in her home in the Portsmouth area.
We have shifts for Saturday and Sunday from 12pm - 4pm and school holiday cover for this role.
Your New Position
Working as a Newcross Personal Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring each resident receives the highest quality of person-centred care, you must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users with autism.
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Working for Newcross provides you with organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance, various specialised training programmes to develop your skills, plus we can interview you from the comfort of your own home at your convenience via video conferencing.
You will also be able to access our app HealthForceGo, where you can choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
Working with Newcross will give you access to a range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work. All of our Clinical Courses are developed by our Clinical Governance Team and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
What you will need to succeed:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our branch today! We are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way