Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care for two brothers living in their own home within the Horfield/Southmead area of Bristol on Fridays.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of working with a PEG for this role.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support with a variety of important life-enhancing tasks. These vary but will include assisting with personal care, clinical requirements, completing records and MAR charts, aiding with social activities and any other services that will enable them to live as independently as possible.
You will be caring for our service users on Fridays after school from 16:45 to 20:45 with additional hours available during the school holidays.
Our innovative app feature allows healthcare staff to have access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our service users
We looking for kind and friendly individuals to care for two brothers that share a diagnosis of Hunter syndrome but have differing additional care needs. You will be able to provide boundaries to effectively manage behaviours whilst also being able to engage them in various activities such as bowling, going to the park or baking at home.
- Salary of up to £12.04/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Why choose us?
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- 30,000 discounts available through our employee perks scheme
Bristol's Newcross Healthcare branch is located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.