Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide exceptional care and support to two brothers living in their own home within the Horfield/Southmead area of Bristol on Fridays.
This role will require to have previous experience of working with a PEG and completing records and MAR charts.
Our successful candidate will be caring for our users on Fridays after school from 16:45 to 20:45 with additional hours available during the school holidays.
As a Personal Care Assistant you will offer personal care and support to our service users, assisting them with personal and clinical needs and aiding them with any additional healtcare needs required.
You will be caring for two friendly and kind brothers living with a diagnosis of Hunter syndrome but who have differing additional care needs.
We are searching for a dedicated and qualified personal carer who is able to empower our patients to have the best quality of life, assisting with their social activities such as bowling, going to the park or baking at home whilst providing boundaries to effectively manage behaviours.
Why join us?
- Salary of up to £12.04/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We also offer:
Flexi Pay - Get paid through our exclusive Flexible feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Perks at Work, which provides 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
Bristol's Newcross Healthcare branch
Your team will be located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.