Personal Care Assistant
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for dedicated Personal Care Assistants to join our team in providing care and support to children with complex health needs living in Newport and around the Isle of Wight.
Your Local Team
Our friendly branch are based in Quay Street in Newport, close to the Museum of Island History.
What to expect in the role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be involved in ensuring every service user receives the highest quality of person-centred care, support and dedication.
Ideally you will have experience in delivering care with Paediatric complex health needs including tracheotomy with long term ventilation.
Full training will be given, both practical and theorised training, and day and night shifts are available.
Your Development at Newcross Healthcare
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to enhance their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Demential Care, Medication Administration, plus many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- You will need to have access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £15.69/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts from UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
Start your application today!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way