Personal Care Assistant - End of life
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Our Bristol branch are based at Colston Tower in the city centre, close to all transport links
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care to our users at the end of their lives across Wells, Frome, Shepton Mallet and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Care Role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be supporting our service users and their families overnight on a waking night basis in their own home, with shifts from 22:00 to 07:00.
Tasks will vary but will include aiding service users with medication administration, continence care, personal care tasks, meeting diary needs and any additional services required.
Our ideal applicant will be passionate about making a difference and have prior experience of caring for clients at the end of their lives.
Why join Newcross?
Join us, and manage your own workload via our HealthForceGo® app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop and improve their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Perks you will receive
- Salary of up to £12.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Start your application today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way